Wednesday 23 May 2012

The Real Man

I've just been listening to a discussion on yesterdays women's hour when a man who's name I forget actually said that if his wife had consistently earned more than him over the years his penis would have fallen off. Later on he said he knew it wasn't very popular but he did believe in the concept of 'the real man'.

I would just like to echo that I absolutely believe in The Real Man.

The one and only really real human man lived 2000+ years ago and His name was Jesus. Jesus was both fully god and fully human, he was the most human human ever to live, he was also anatomically male. He wept, cared for children, cooked, washed people's feet oh and was financed by a group of women.

This is a short little rant and I think this guy was arguing from an evolutionary point of view, but it reminded me how pervasive the quest to be a 'real man' also is in Christian culture, and I just want to say, men stop trying to be real men and fix your eyes on The Real Man, join the human calling to become more like Jesus, and don't worry about your penises dropping off - they probably won't.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do let me know what you think. I am well aware I am not always right!